Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Wine Diaries

This will be attached to my hand for the next week.
So this week I'm gunna have to switch things up a little bit.  This week I won't really be having the munchies, I'll be having the DRUNCHIES.  You heard me right.  Bitch gonna be drankin this week.

My friend Tucker is coming down next week so when pay day rolled around this week I decided to stock up.  I bought a really nice, expensive, BOX of wine (I consider $25 for the equivalent of 4 bottles to be a lot). I was so excited for Tucker coming down and to try my new Black Box Malbec that I couldn't actually open the box.  Like my thumbs were not strong enough.  I decided to take it out of the stoneage and use a tool.  I chose a knife.

You can imagine what happened next.  There was a geyser of red wine first at me, then as I spun frantically, all over my kitchen.  It looked like I killed a man.  I took off all my clothes and threw them in the washer, then ruined all of my and my roommate's towels picking up the mess. SORRY PAUL!  I managed to get the wine sealed back up temporarily using the "reseal the bag" technique that I know you all are professionals at.  However, when I went to pick the bag up again it burst.

I ended up funneling the wine into 3 bottles that Paul had laying around.  PRoblem with wine is that it only lasts a week after it's been exposed to air.  As of today it'll be 9 days till Tucker gets here.  The wine has to be consumed.  That's why this week we're having the Wine Diaries, which I hope to be more boozy and authentic than that Rum Diaries bullshit.  Well, here we go.

RED WINE PASTA SAUCE:

Ingredients:
1 tbs oil
2 tsp mixed Italian herbs
1 large tomato
Red wine

1.)  Pour the oil into the pan. Turn the pan to medium heat.
2.) Put your herbs in the oil in the pan.
3.) Roll a fat dubie as you stir the herbs until they become aromatic.
4.) pour in about 1/4 cup of red wine then turn up the heat to medium-high.
5.) Chop up your tomato and stir it into the sauce pan.
6.) Boil the sauce to your desired thickness.
7.) Enjoy with copious amounts of wine... and pasta.




No comments:

Post a Comment